It’s best to let this dessert stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors of the chocolate and peanut butter to shine through.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bombes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pkg (11.5-oz/250 g) milk chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plus 2 tsp (10 mL) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) heavy whipping cream
- For glaze, bring 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water to a simmer in (3-qt./2.8-L) Saucepan. Combine chocolate and butter in Double Boiler. Place over water in Saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup.
- Using Small Scoop, place a level scoop of glaze into wells of Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan. Using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush, brush glaze around bottoms and up sides of wells. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes or until glaze is set. Repeat to apply a second coat of glaze. Place in refrigerator. Set aside remaining glaze in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl.
- For mousse, place chocolate, peanut butter and butter in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in clean, dry Double Boiler. Set over same Saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 140°F (60°C). Transfer egg yolk mixture to Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until room temperature, 3-5 minutes. On medium speed of electric mixer, slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture. (Mixture will be thick and appear curdled.) Place cream in Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; using clean beaters, beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold half of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Using Large Scoop, place a scant scoop of mousse into each well; spread to edges. Microwave reserved glaze, uncovered, on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until fluid; spread evenly over mousse to edges. Cover with Parchment Paper; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Drizzle serving plates with sauce, if desired. Invert pan over Cutting Board; gently press on wells to release bombes. Place bombes onto plates. Garnish with salt, if desired.