Chocolate Pound Cake with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- For the cake:
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- For the glaze:
- 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9”x 5” loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Decrease mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with the sour cream. Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, 2 teaspoons of milk, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add more milk, a small amount at a time until pourable. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
Around The Globe