Enjoy this easy and mouthwateringly moist bread some slow morning, or as an after-dinner treat with some fruit, cream or powdered sugar. It’s sure to be delicious any way you devour it!
Chocolate-Vanilla Marbled Bread
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with 1/4 cup of the milk in the microwave, on high, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Set aside.In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with the remaining 1/4 cup milk, and the vanilla extract.
- With an electric or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. On low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and sour cream/milk mixture. Spoon half of the batter into a separate bowl. Add the melted chocolate mixture to one half of the batter and fold in.
- With two spoons, place spoonfuls of the two mixtures into the prepared loaf pan alternately (chocolate, white, chocolate, etc.). Run a wooden skewer or knife through the two batters to achieve a marbled effect. Don’t over mix.
- Bake for about 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.