I have a strong sweet tooth, and there’s nothing better than a homemade cake to get you through Monday 😉 Knowing this, it’s no surprise that caking is one of my favorite things to do. Mainly because in a household of two, I get to eat half of the cake 😉
Even though I love to bake I’m not the most adventurous baker. I tend to stick to the things I know and like, changing the ingredients and flavor only so slightly. I’m learning not to get intimidated by a long list of ingredients or lengthy directions because often things are not as difficult as they seem at first. Recently, we found the courage to make Pasteis de Nata at the results were fantastic!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 oil
- 1 zucchini (about 300 – 350 grams), shredded
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Butter a loaf pan, or line it with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with sugar until foamy, fluffy and light in color. Add oil and beat until incorporated.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients – all-purpose and buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the shredded zucchini into the eggs mixture. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix well. At last, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely before serving.