Cilantro Scramble with Spiced Black Beans
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup black beans with cooking liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 ounce cotija or feta cheese
- Cilantro for serving
- Place a small pot or skillet over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil followed by the minced garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, just to until the garlic begins to brown.
- Place beans and liquid in a pan with the cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Heat over medium-low heat until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter and melt. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cilantro, and salt.
- Pour into the pan and cook/stir until eggs are just set. Remove from heat and stir in the cotija cheese.
- Place the beans on the plate followed by scrambled eggs. Add your favorite toppings
Around The Globe