- 65g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 6.5cm deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan with baking paper.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy (see note). Add egg. Beat well. Transfer mixture to a larger bowl. Using a large metal spoon, fold flour and milk alternately into butter mixture until just combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack.
© Copyright 12 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved