Classic Cornbread Muffins
- Cook Time: 45min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp dried herbs–use dill, basil or oregano (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with liners or grease with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, herbs, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt
- In another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together, taking care not to overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter up to the rim into the muffin tin (pour only half full if making smaller muffins).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and cracked and the toothpick inserted in each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Around The Globe