This may be a bold thing to say but I think this is my favourite Wish to Dish recipe so far! It is quite simply summer in a taco – you are transported to a sunny beach with each delicious bite
Coconut and Mango Prawn Tacos
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Tortilla wraps
- 250 g raw king prawns
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 large bunch coriander, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, stone removed, peeled and diced
- a handful of your favourite salad leaves
- extra lime juice and coriander to serve
- In a bowl combine the coconut cream, ginger and curry paste before coating the prawns in the mixture. Leave to one side.
- Remove the stone and skin from the avocado. Mash the flesh of the avocado before adding the lime juice, olive oil and coriander – stir this all together until it is combined. Season generously and set to one side.
- Stick the prawns onto metal or wooden skewers (this is just to make it easier to turn them over whilst cooking it is not essential). Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan until it has melted and then add the prawn skewers to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes, turning half way through cooking. When the prawns have turned pink they are done so remove them from the heat.
- To serve lay out the wraps, mango, leaves, guac and prawns and let everyone assemble their taco as they please! I like to serve it with extra coriander and lime as it can add a final pop of flavour.