Coconut Chicken Strips
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (Look for it in health food or Latin American markets)
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; brush with oil.
- Prepare chicken strips: Set out three shallow dishes. In the first dish, stir together flour, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- In the second dish, add eggs. In a third dish, add coconut. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Working with 1 strip at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, turning to coat, then dip into egg, letting excess drip back into dish. Press both sides of chicken into coconut.
- Arrange chicken on prepared sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden and no longer pink inside, 20 to 25 minutes.
Around The Globe