A creamy coconut custard loaded with coconut milk and shredded coconut.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and cook it over medium heat for about 15 mins, until it turns into a brown color.
- Place the caramel into your baking dish, sprinkle 2 tbsp shredded coconut over the caramel, set aside.
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut milk, eggs, remaining shredded coconut, and vanilla extract into the blender and then place the blended mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a bigger baking dish and add some boiling water to create a water bath this will help the flan cook evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with shredded coconut and enjoy!