Thick, chewy and totally irresistible! You’d never guess that these coconut oil chocolate chunk cookie bars are 100% dairy free.
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 c. unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 c. refined coconut oil
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 c. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, microwave just until melted. Add sugars and vanilla extract, whisk to combine. Add eggs, mix well after each addition.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in dry ingredients along with the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer dough to baking pan and spread into an even layer. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before cutting and slicing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.