Mocha Coffee Cake
- Cook Time: 2 hour 30min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Mocha Streusel
- 2/3cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon instant coffee granules or crystals
- Coffee Cake
- 2 3/4cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2teaspoon almond extract
- 1container (8 oz) sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients; set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix 2 3/4 cups flour, the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until light and fluffy. Beat in almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of the flour mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in sour cream until well blended. Beat in remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon half of the batter into pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Top with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan on cooling rack 1 hour. Remove cake from pan.
- drizzle chocolate
Around The Globe