A beautiful fall soup that features sweet potatoes paired with coriander and cinnamon for a warm, comforting soup.
Coriander Sweet Potato Soup with Buckwheat Granola
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or nut cream
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup, warmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, warmed
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a pot combine the ingredients for the soup, through 3 cups of the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the rice and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree until smooth; adding more broth as needed. Transfer the soup back to the pot.
- Bring back to a warm temperature and stir in the lemon juice followed by the heavy cream.
While soup is cooking, heat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine the oats, buckwheat, and pepitas in a bowl. Warm the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, and salt together in a small pot or bowl.
- Pour over the oats and stir until the granola is well-coated. Spread into a thin layer on a sheet tray. Bake, stirring once or twice, until the granola has browned and is crisp. Remove from oven, let cool, and break into pieces.
- Divide the soup into two bowls and top with granola before serving.