Creamy Lemon Squares
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- 1-1/2 cup (about 24 squares) graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. brush an 8-inch square baking dish with melted butter. line bottom with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a food processor, finely grind the graham-cracker squares. then add in sugar and butter and blend to mix.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. cool crust, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk. add lemon juice; whisk until smooth. pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. cool in pan on rack; then chill at least 1 hour before serving. using parchment paper overhang.
- Lift out of the pan, and transfer to a cutting board. with a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares, wiping knife with a damp kitchen towel between each cut.
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved