Creamy Onion Soup
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 large onions, roughly sliced;
- ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey; (optional)
- 4 cup. chicken stock;
- ½ cup coconut milk;
- 4 tbsp. ghee or cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt the ghee or cooking fat over a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the onions to the melted fat, sauté until tender and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup or honey, and give everything a good stir.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and then let simmer 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup using a blender or immersion blender until you get smooth texture.
- Add the coconut milk, season the soup to taste, and serve warm.