I’m a morning person who really enjoys breakfast, and when I have it I usually have it on the sweet side. Whether it’s pancakes with maple syrup, cereal with blueberries, or a strawberry smoothie, I love a fruity, flavorful morning meal. However, sometimes I like to change it up with something savory, like a vegetable frittata, sausage muffins, or these crispy scallion potato pancakes!
Crispy Scallion Potato Pancakes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds baking potatoes
- 4 scallions, both white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Peel potatoes and shred on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze the shredded potatoes dry.
- In a large bowl, using 2 forks, mix the shredded potatoes with the scallions, egg white, salt and pepper.
- Set a 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add oil to skillet. Add the potato mixture to the skillets and press into firm cakes. Press the cakes firmly and cook until they are browned and crisp on the bottom, about 5 minutes per side. Slide the cakes onto a work surface. Cut into wedges and serve.