Curried potato patties with zucchini salad
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 600g brushed potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Keen’s Traditional Curry Powder
- 400g can Coles Lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips lengthways
- 2/3 cup (190g) Coles Natural Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Coles Ground Cumin Seeds
- 120g pkt Coles Australian 4 Leaf Salad
- Cook the potato in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain well. Return to pan. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until almost smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until onion softens and colours slightly. Add the curry powder and cook for 30 secs. Add the lentils and toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the zucchini and cook for 1 min each side or until tender. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Set aside to cool.
- Add lentil mixture to mash and combine. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion into a patty, pressing firmly to shape. Heat 1 tbs of remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown and heated through.
- Combine yoghurt and cumin in a bowl. Combine the zucchini, salad leaves and remaining oil in a bowl. Serve patties and salad drizzled with yoghurt mixture.
Around The Globe