Curried Scallop Cakes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sea scallops cut into 1/4 inch pieces or gently pulsed in food processor
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil
- Mix first 9 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups of panko in a large bowl to blend. Cover mixture and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place remaining 2 cups panko on large plate. Take one heaping table spoon of scallop mixture and roll it into a ball and coat completely in the panko crumbs. Then, if you have a cookie cutter or ring mold, press it into the mold to form a round cake.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat to come 1/4 inch up sides of pan.
- Working in batches, saute scallop cakes until golden and cooked through. Transfer scallop cakes to paper towels to drain.
- These can be made 4 hours ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Reheat on baking sheet in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. They also freeze well. I place them in an airtight container, and then reheat in a 350 degree oven until heated through.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved