This recipe is part of our collection of Fried baked at kemmy recipes. Sign up for our newsletter to get recipes, dining tips and restaurant reviews throughout the year!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 egg whites
- 3 ounces ground pork fat
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 2 cups of peanut oil for frying
- Chop the shrimp into a smooth paste.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, then combine with the ground pork fat. Add the shrimp paste, rice wine, tapioca starch, salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the ginger with a garlic press and add to the shrimp mixture. Combine well.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Form the shrimp mixture into 12 balls about the size of a walnut in the palm of your hand. Using a wire spoon or ladle, lower the shrimp balls into the hot oil.
- Fry the shrimp balls in batches for about 2 minutes, or until they float and become a fluffy golden brown. Drain on a paper lined plate. Serve with soy sauce and chili garlic oil for dipping.