I have a very few choices when it comes to breakfast. It is mainly because of the lack of time early morning. It is also because that I want my kids to eat their breakfast properly before they leave for school. It should be to their liking too. Its difficult to make them eat something early morning in a short time claiming its healthy. So at my place, the breakfast mainly comprises of idli,dosa and sandwiches.
Double Chocolate pancakes
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup atta/whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oats flakes
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Curd/yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk I add 1 tsp vinegar in a cup of milk and use this as buttermilk
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling on sides of pancakes while cooking
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp sugarcane syrup You can use chocolate syrup,honey or maple syrup
Milk as required if necessary
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour,oats,cocoa powder,baking powder, sugar and salt. Pour the yogurt and buttermilk in the dry mixture and mix well. Add milk if required in case the batter is very thick. Batter should be of thick pouring consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well. Heat a tawa/girdle. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and spread on the tawa. Pour a ladle of the batter on the hot tawa and spread it slightly into a thick circles. Allow it to cook at the bottom and flip to cook on the other surface.
- Place 2-3 pancakes on your plate. Serve them drizzled with sugarcane syrup, chocolate syrup or maple syrup.