Easy BBQ chicken pizza comes together so easily with just a few store-bought ingredients and has tons of flavor!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 ball of pizza dough or 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1/2-1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut in small cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion or 3-4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cornmeal, flour and extra-virgin olive oil
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 for 25-30 minutes.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on your rolling surface and sprinkle it with some cornmeal. Sprinkle some flour on your hands and place the dough on the prepared surface. Use your hands to gently shape the dough into a large round pizza circle, adding more flour if necessary to keep it from sticking. Then dough should be pretty even all around, but you can leave some extra dough on the edges for a crust.
- Brush the outer edge of the pizza with some olive oil.Add the BBQ sauce to the center of the pizza and use a spoon to evenly spread it across, leaving a little bit of room at the edge for the crust.Sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese evenly over the BBQ sauce then add the pepper, onion and chicken.
- Carefully transfer the pizza on the parchment paper to the preheated pizza stone.Bake at 500 for 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your crust. The pizza is ready when the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.Carefully slide the pizza and parchment paper onto a cutting board and slice the pizza. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and serve!