Embrace those comfort food cravings with a pan of this easy homemade cornbread! This my absolute favorite recipe for fluffy and flavorful cornbread, perfect for dunking in a big bowl of chili!
Easy Homemade Cornbread
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup white/granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage 2%)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prep an 8×8 inch square pan by rubbing with butter or coconut oil.
- Combine yogurt, milk, and vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, melt your butter.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in sugar. Whisk until well blended.
- Next, quickly add your eggs and beat until well incorporated.
- Add in milk mixture and stir.
- Next add your cornmeal mixture and beat until very few lumps remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to test for doneness. If it comes out clean the cornbread is ready!
- Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!