- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
These easy blueberry muffins stay fresh longer and are nice and moist, with a perfect crumb.
Once you try these muffins, you will never want another blueberry muffin recipe again – they are so delicious and simple, they are instant family favorites!This recipe is the best for jumbo muffins – they stay nice and moist and don’t dry out.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, washed, drained and picked over
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until it is light and soft.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder, into to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter.
- Fold in the remaining whole berries.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Fill with batter.
- Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons sugar over the tops of the muffins, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool at least 30 minutes.
- Store muffins uncovered in a cool dry place for a day.