This easy, cinnamon monkey bread is so addicting and delicious. This homemade version is sweet and sticky and filled with ooey-gooey cinnamon goodness!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 tbsp butter, softened divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cups flour more or less as needed
- Butter a bundt pan with 2 tablespoons of butter, being careful to coat every surface, then set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand for five minutes, or until foamy. Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter, the salt, and 3 cups of flour, and mix until combined.
- Add additional flour, ¼ cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch (be careful not to add too much flour!). Knead 3-5 minutes, until smooth. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon, and set aside. Gently punch the dough down and pat into a large square. Cut into 64 equal pieces using a pizza cutter. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and dip in the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place in the prepared bundt pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough, then cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the top is deep brown. Let cool five minutes, then invert onto a platter. Serve warm.