It’s quick and easy to make, made with ingredients that you literally always have on hand. It’s ready to go in the time it takes to boil your pasta water and cook the spaghetti.
This simple pasta recipe tastes anything but basic when tossed with roasted garlic. Top with Parmesan and fresh herbs, and you’ve got dinner that the whole family will enjoy together.
Easy Spicy Garlic Spaghetti
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound dry spaghetti or any pasta
- 1 large head of garlic (about 12 cloves), peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- pinch (each) of salt, freshly-cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes
- optional toppings: freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, extra black pepper, extra crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta in a large generously-salted stockpot of boiling water al dente according to package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta water is heating, melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is fragrant and just barely starts to brown.
Slowly add in the white wine, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and ready to go. Taste, and season with extra salt and/or pepper and/or crushed red pepper flakes if needed.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, return it to the stockpot and add in the garlic-butter mixture. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra toppings if desired.