Brown sugar gives a nice color and flavor to the cake. You can use only brown sugar or only regular sugar or mix of the two as I did.
Eggless Tutti Fruity Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- All Purpose Flour – 150 gms
- Curd/Yogurt – 100 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Cooking Oil – ½ cup or Unsalted Butter – 150 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Granulated Sugar / Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
- Brown Sugar – 50 gms
- Tutti Fruity – ½ cup
- Nutmeg Powder – 1 pinch
- Powder both types of sugar in a mixer.
- Toss tutti fruity with 2 tsp of maida, so it doesn’t submerge into bottom of the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk curd/yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Then add two types of powdered sugar and whisk gently.
- Sift the all purpose flour with baking powder. Keep aside.
- To the curd and sugar mixture, add cooking soda and mix well. Now you can see bubbles rising on top. Keep the mixture by side for 5 minutes.
- To this pour oil and vanilla essence. Then add maida and fold the mixture without any lumps.
- Now add tutti fruity and nutmeg powder to the cake mixture, and gently fold it.
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper or butter paper and grease it with little oil to all the sides.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Now pour the cake batter to the baking tray and tap it slightly, so that the air bubbles release.
- Now place the tray in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 C or till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
Around The Globe