When you need a quick and easy and super yummy dessert, try this Angel Food Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting – a light and airy cake topped with sweet, tart and yummy Lemon Frosting. It’s a classic for a reason.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Half n’ Half
- 2 tablespoons Grated Lemon Peel
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- The Best Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Yellow and White
Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Yellow
- Microplane Zester
- Cookie Sheets
- Squeeze fresh lemons until you have 1/2 cup of lemon juice. (You will need 1/4 cup for the cookies and another 1/4 cup or The Best Lemon Buttercream Frosting.)
- Use the lemon peels to create 3 heaping tablespoons of lemon zest. (You’ll use 2 tablespoons in the cookie dough and 1 tablespoon in the lemon frosting.)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest and Half n’ Half.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Finally, mix in the flour.
- Add a drop of yellow food coloring to enhance the lemon color of the cookies.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls and slightly flatten them.
- Bake the Lemon Cookies in a 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Make up a batch of our delicious The Best Lemon Buttercream Frosting.
- Frost the Lemon Cookies with The Best Lemon Buttercream Frosting.
- Before the frosting has a chance to setup, add some pretty sprinkles.