Fresh vegetable salad
- 4 limes
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 360g thin green beans, trimmed
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed (about 1 1/2 cups kernels)
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways, thinly sliced crossways into wedges
- 350g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh long red chilli, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- To make vinaigrette, grate 1 tablespoon of the lime peel into a medium bowl, then squeeze 1/4 cup of juice from the limes into the bowl. Whisk in shallot, then whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt.
- To prepare salad, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add beans and cook for 1-2 mins, or until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain and transfer the vegetables to a baking tray and refrigerate until cold. Cut beans into 1.5cm pieces.
- To serve, in a large, wide shallow bowl, toss the beans, corn, capsicum, cucumbers, tomatoes, spring onions, chilli, and half the coriander with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season salad to taste with salt. Sprinkle avocado and remaining coriander over and serve immediately.
© Copyright 22 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved