Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, garlic, and salt in a bowl until smooth. Pour half the marinade into a large plastic zipper bag; retain the other half of the sauce. Place the chicken thighs into the bag containing marinade, squeeze all the air out of the bag, and seal. Shake a few times to coat chicken; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning bag once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Pour the other half of the marinade into a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, to thicken sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the bag; discard used marinade. Place chicken thighs into a baking dish, and brush with 1/3 of the thickened marinade from the saucepan.
- Bake 30 minutes, basting one more time after 10 minutes; an instant-read thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh should read 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
- Let stand for 5 or 10 minutes; meanwhile, bring remaining marinade back to a boil for 1 or 2 minutes, and serve chicken with marinade. Sprinkle with parsley.
Around The Globe