And the award for BEST “non-fancy, but looks fancy” dinner recipe goes to this Gluten-Free Breaded Coconut Chicken. Quick, easy, it’s what your dinner dreams are made of besides maybe just eating cake. Award-winning kind of chicken right here…
I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say you could even make this for a dinner party, gasp! Yes, it’s chicken but not only does it taste fancy, it looks fancy and fancy chicken (that remember, is not-really-fancy-at-all) is dinner party perfect. You’re guests will be in awe!
Gluten-Free Breaded Coconut Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb (4 pieces) Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices Gluten Free Multi-grain Bread
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, seasoning
- Garnishes (optional): Lemon Wedges/juice, Fresh Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set out 3 shallow bowls and place the Coconut Flour in one, the Eggs and Dijon Mustard, beaten together, in the second and reserve the third for the breadcrumbs. Pulse the Multigrain Bread in a food processor until you’ve got small-sized crumbs and place in the remaining bowl and stir with the Coconut Flakes.
- Season both sides of the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and then cover with the coconut flour first. Next, dip into the egg mixture and cover completely. Lastly, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture making sure to press the crumbs slightly to the chicken. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.