These easy, light Gluten Free Coconut Apple Muffins are the perfect breakfast, healthier dessert or low sugar snack anytime.
Gluten Free Coconut Apple Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 and 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut (plus a bit more for sprinkling)
- 2 large bramley apples (or other sour variety)
- 4 tablespoons sugar (plus a bit more for sprinkling)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases and set aside.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, desiccated coconut and baking powder and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar and oil. Add the coconut milk and stir well to combine.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and grate coarsely (you should have about 2 cups of grated apple). Add to the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the mixture and stir only until they are no longer visible. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, sprinkle with some desiccated coconut and sugar and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.