Take something hearty like gnocchi and lighten it up with a saucy toss of fresh tomatoes, sweet pepper, and zesty arugula.
Gnocchi and Sausage
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 16 ounce package shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- 1 14 ounce package cooked sweet Italian-flavored chicken sausage links, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion cut into slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Set gnocchi and liquid aside.
- In a large skillet cook sausage slices, pepper, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until sausage is brown and vegetables are tender. Add gnocchi, tomatoes, arugula, and reserved liquid to skillet. Heat through, gently stirring mixture occasionally.