This tangy, garlic-packed chimichurri sauce is delicious over vegetables as well as meat.
Grilled Chicken with Basil Chimichurri
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken bresast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/2-inch thick. Discard plastic wrap. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over both sides of chicken; sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Heat a grill or grill pan coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until done (165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining oil, basil, onion, garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Top with basil mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.