These grilled chicken tacos are the perfect light meal, packed with freshness and flavour but quick and easy to make. Give them a try for dinner this week.
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Cup Cilantro | Coriander
- ½ Cup Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- Salt + Pepper
- ½ Green Cabbage
- ½ Purple Cabbage
- 8 Flour or Corn Torillas
- Pound out the chicken until it is an even thickness. Cut into strips and place into a bowl.
- Pour in the oil and add the spices along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the juice of a lime. Toss the chicken in the marinade until it is evenly coated and set to the side to marinade.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pip, place into a food processor or blender along with the cilantro, yoghurt or sour cream, juice of a lime and salt and pepper.
- Process until everything is evenly combined and pour into a serving bowl.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over medium high heat and add the chicken. Cook for about 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Shred the green and purple cabbage and prepare the tortillas according to packet directions.
- To assemble the tacos fill with the cabbage and a few pieces of chicken, drizzle over the avocado cilantro dressing and garnish with a few pieces of coriander. Add a squeeze of lime and serve.
Around The Globe