Grilled Mushroom & Onion Basket
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb (450 g) mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/4 in. (6 mm) thick
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Place BBQ Grill Basket on grill and preheat 3 minutes. In large bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, oil, salt and black pepper; mix well. Add mushroom mixture to basket. Grill, undisturbed, 7 minutes. Shake basket using tongs; grill additional 5 minutes. Add tomatoes to basket; grill 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and onions begin to caramelize. Remove basket from grill.
- Return mushroom mixture to large bowl. Add lemon juice and parsley to mixture; mix well. Pour into serving bowl and top with crumbled goat cheese.