Hash Brown, Egg & Cheese Pie
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 – 3 cups Simply Potatoes, fresh hash browns
(if using frozen, thaw first and remove excess moisture)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 sliced green onion (divided)
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/4 cup diced oven roasted tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar and Fontina)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press the hash browns in the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate lightly sprayed with Pam. Bake the hash brown crust for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half, salt and pepper until blended. Mix in the ham, 1/2 the green onions, purple onions, tomatoes and any other vegetables.
- Remove the potato crust from the oven and sprinkle with 1/2 the shredded cheese. Gently pour the egg mixture over the top of the cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with the remaining green onions and cut into wedges to serve.