Hazelnut Whiskey Cake
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated
- 6 Eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon Organic Lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 cup Currants (dried)
- 1 cup Thompson Seedless Raisins or Flame Seedless Raisins
- 2 cups Hazelnuts or Hickory Nuts coasely chopped
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Butter 2 standard loaf pans. On a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside. Cream the butter until soft and then cream in the sugars, a little at a time, until smooth. Beat the egg yolks; add to the butter mixture. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Mix the currants, raisins, and nuts with the dry ingredients. Add to the batter, alternately with the whiskey. Beat the egg whites with the salt until they form peaks. Gently but thoroughly fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 2 hours, or until the cakes pull away from the sides of the pans.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved