Vegan breakfast cookies that are packed with all kinds of healthy nuts, seeds, whole grains, and healthy fats to keep you full all morning long.
Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup peanut butter (almond or sunflower seed butter both work too, but peanut butter is preferred)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, optional
- 1/2 cup dried fruit or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds or other nuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana well with a fork until there are no longer any large chunks.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, and applesauce and stir to combine well.
- Add the oats, salt, cinnamon, and ground flaxseed (if using). Stir well to combine.
- Add the dried fruit and/or chocolate and the sunflower seeds and stir to combine.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. The cookies won’t spread at all so press the tops down as needed to your desired size and thickness.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until the centers are set and no longer shiny. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
- Cookies can be kept at room temperature for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.