Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 pkg (16 oz or 430 g) angel food cake mix
- 3 lemons
- 2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen fat-free whipped topping
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For cake, add food coloring to amount of water specified on package. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into Rectangular Baker. Bake on center rack 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown, cracked and center is slightly sunken. (Do not underbake.) Remove baker from oven; invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Without removing baker, let stand until completely cool (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 in. (4 cm) deep and 1/2 in. (1 cm) apart with large fork. Zest lemons using Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/3 cup (75 mL) juice. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sugar, juice and zest; whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Garnish each serving with whipped topping; top with raspberries.
© Copyright 21 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved