Made to withstand a harsh Russian winter, this traditional beef stroganoff recipe will satisfy the entire family with tender strips of beef cooked in a creamy sauce. The original comfort food, this easy to make beef rump steak stew is the perfect antidote to nasty weather and long cold nights.
Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp oil
- 500g lean beef strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet Continental® Beef Stroganoff Recipe Base
- 1 ¼ cups water, 2 tbs sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown beef, onion and mushrooms.
- Combine Recipe Base and water, add to beef and stir until boiling.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until beef is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream before serving with steamed rice or mashed potatoes, carrots and zucchini.