Homemade chocolate liqueur
- 1 liter (1 quart | 4 cups + 2 1/2 TBSPs) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 kilo (2 1/5 pounds) white granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) powdered chocolate
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) dark rum
- In a large saucepan combine 750 ml (3 cups 2 TBSPs) milk, vanilla extract and all the sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and milk begins to simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the milk with powdered chocolate and cacao. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the milk and let simmer for about 20 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from stove and let cool to lukewarm. Whisk in the rum. Strain the chocolate liqueur and pour into prepared bottles.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved