Homemade Fudge Stripes Cookies
1 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, and baking powder and continue mixing for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out on a lightly floured counter to 1/3- inch thick. Using a 3- inch round cutter, cut out the dough. Re-roll the scraps, so all the dough is used. Using a smaller, round cutter, or the back of a large piping tip, cut out the center of each circle.
- Place on the baking sheet, and bake for 6 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Prepare a piping tip fitted with a small round tip. Fill the bag with 1/3 of the melted chocolate. Alternately you can use a zip-top bag with the corner cut off.
- Drizzle the chocolate in stripes on top of each cookie. Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator. Reheat the chocolate, if necessary and dip the bottoms of the cookies into the chocolate, tapping off the excess. Place the cookies upside-down back onto the wore rack and place back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved