This recipe provides you with the easiest fastest way to make delicious french fries at home. Peel roasted potatoes then add the chopped chips to boiling water which contains a little sugar in it. The potatoes should be in the boiling water for three and a half minutes. When the time is done, place the potatoes chips over paper towels to remove any water left in the potatoes.
Place the potatoes into the frying oil. These potatoes will be frying for around two minutes, take them about once done and place them on a cooling rack.
Homemade McDonald’s Inspired French Fries
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Canola Oil
- Soybean oil (can substitute safflower oil)
- Corn oil
- ¼ cup ice
- ½ cup unsalted beef stock
- ¼ cup soy milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 bag of shoestring potatoes (26 ounces)
- Heat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ice, beef stock, soy milk and baking powder in a bowl, and mix until combined.
- Place fries into the brine, and remove after a few seconds.
- Put brined fries back into the freezer for five minutes.
- Drop fries into oil, cook for 2 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.