The only honey jalapeno cheddar cornbread recipe you will ever need! Not too sweet but just the perfect touch of sweetness. This moist cornbread recipe is to die for.
Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and honey.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then fold in the jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Do not overmix.
- Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet and brush it all over.
- Place the cornbread mixture into the skillet and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Around The Globe