Honey Lime Baked Coconut Shrimp! HONEY LIME BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP. Honey. Lime. Baked. Coconut. Shrimp.
Do you currently look like this 😍? Cause I do!! And that’s how I looked when I basically licked my plate clean after consuming this honey lime baked coconut shrimp. #problems
Honey Lime Coconut Baked Shrimp
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 lbs Shrimp, peeled, deveined (you may want to leave tails on)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoons Cornstarch + 2 tablespoons Water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a medium bowl, whisk together Eggs, Soy Sauce, and Rice Vinegar. Add Shrimp to the mixture, cover, and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Panko Breadcrumbs and Coconut Flakes together in a small bowl. Dip the chilled shrimp into the mixture until fully coated. If you run out of the breading then just mix up more as needed using a 1:1 ration of panko to coconut. Place the shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- While shrimp is baking, prepare the sauce. Melt the Butter over medium-high heat in a small saucepan and add the garlic cloves. Allow the butter to bubble up slightly and the cloves to become fragrant about 1 minute. Stir in the Honey, Soy Sauce, and Lime Juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Cornstarch and Water until dissolved and no lumps remain. Remove saucepan from heat and add cornstarch mixture, whisking to combine. Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp.