A delicious hearty breakfast sandwich with loads of flavor and a southwestern flair.
Huevos Avocado with Pico de Gallo
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 toasted english muffins (4 slices)
- 4 soft poached eggs *
- 1/2 avocado sliced and sprinkled with fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded mixed cheese, I used smoke apple Gouda and sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (see recipe below)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Hot sauce if desired
- Toast the english muffins then top with sour cream, sliced avocado, pico de gallo, cheese and poached eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with hot sauce and more shredded cheese if desired. Serve with a small cup of black beans.
- * To poach the eggs, fill a medium saucepan with a few inches of water. Add a splash of vinegar and heat until the water is just about to boil. Swirl the water with a large spoon and gently add one of the eggs to the center of the swirl. Cook (do not boil) until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the egg from the water using a slotted spoon to drain. Repeat with remaining eggs and serve immediately.