Instant Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple cider (if you don’t have apple cider, you can skip this and use 2 1/2 cups water total)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large apple (peeled and cored), diced
- fresh whipped cream, walnuts, and diced apple as garnish (if desired)
- Set your pressure cooker (click HERE (affiliate) if you need to buy one!) to saute and add in butter. Allow butter to melt, spreading it across the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add in the oats and stir to coat in the butter. Stir continuously for approximately 2 minutes or until the oats are starting to toast.
- Pour in the water, cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple. Stir to combine.
- Switch instant pot to “pressure cook” and set for 8 minutes.
- When it’s done cooking, allow to sit closed for 5 minutes, naturally releasing some of the steam. Then press the release and allow the remaining steam to leave the pot.
- Open the pot (be careful!) and stir to freshen up the oatmeal. Doesn’t it smell amazing?!
- Serve hot topped with fresh whipped cream, more diced apples, and walnuts if desired.
© Copyright 20 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved