Quick, easy and incredibly delicious. These ultra light and fluffy Instant Pot mashed potatoes are a holiday staple!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 6 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt, divided
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. whole milk
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, minced OR 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced parsley OR chives (optional)
- Add cubed potatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt to the Instant Pot. Add enough water to cover the tops of the potatoes.
- Place the lid on. Make sure valve is switched to sealing. Select MANUAL mode (high pressure) for 10 minutes. Once cooked, turn the valve to venting to release the pressure manually. This will take anywhere from 5-8 minutes. Turn the Instant Pot OFF.
- Open the lid and drain the water. Return the insert to the Instant Pot. Stir in the remaining salt along with the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic, and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove and garnish with parsley or chives. Serve with additional butter or gravy.