Tender, flavorful pilaf made in the Instant Pot. It doesn’t get any easier than this! Simply add the ingredients and let the pressure cooker do the rest.
Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 c. olive oil or butter
- 1/3 c. orzo or vermicelli
- 1 c. white rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced parsley OR 1 tsp. dried parsely
- Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE mode. Add the olive oil (or butter). Once hot, add the pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add the rice and cook until it turns bright white, about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the broth along with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Place the lid on. Make sure valve is switched to sealing. Turn SAUTE off and select MANUAL mode (high pressure) for 3 minutes. Once cooked, allow the pressure to come down naturally. This will take anywhere from 12-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir in the parsley. Let the rice sit for a few minutes before serving.