Key Lime Pie is an elegant and delicate dessert perfect for holidays or any other occasion. It has a smooth, silky, tart and sweet filling that makes a great impression everywhere.
Key Lime Pie
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 7 oz (200g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 5 tbsp (70g) butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (10g) powdered sugar
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Place the biscuits/graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until crumbs form. Transfer the crumbs into a bowl, stir in sugar and melted butter.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pie pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let to cool on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In a large bowl whisk egg yolks with lime zest until creamy and light yellow colored. Stir in condensed milk and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let pie cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for several hours or better overnight.
- Before serving whip the cream until soft peaks form. Incorporate powder sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with 1M (½ inch-1cm) star tip and decorate the pie. Sprinkle some lime zest on top if desired.
- Keep leftover pie refrigerated.